Self-care seems to be a big buzzword lately. It’s this thing that we all should be paying attention to, and yet we’re all having trouble finding the time to devote to it. For some, the idea of self-care may seem too overwhelming and time-consuming. For others, maybe it sounds expensive or selfish.
Self-care doesn’t have to be complicated. And it’s certainly not something you should feel guilty about. It’s about taking moments for yourself to help you unwind. While a day at the spa sounds glorious, there are plenty of cheaper, simpler options that you can easily implement in your everyday life. Here are Ten Easy Self-Care Tips You Can Try Today:
- Go outside: A little fresh air will do you good. Tired of sitting at your desk? Take 10 minutes for an outside break. Even a walk around the block can help you feel recharged.
- Get hydrated: Like 99% of pretty much everyone, you’re probably guilty of not drinking as much water as doctors say we should. If you’re feeling tired, have a cool glass of water. It can help you rehydrate and perk up your senses.
- Unplug for a while: Try going computer free for a couple of hours today. No smartphone, no internet, no social media.
- Take some deep breaths: Stop what you’re doing and take 5 deep breaths. Close your eyes and put your hand over your heart so you can really feel them. Breathe deep, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Be present.
- Take 10 minutes to de-clutter at home: Cleaning up your whole home can feel overwhelming. Devote 10 minutes today to some quick de-cluttering in the room you use the most. Even just 10 minutes can make a dent and help improve your mood.
- Stretch: Reach for the sky and stretch it out. Taking just a minute or two to get up from your desk and stretch it out can help you feel refreshed.
- Actually call a friend: Not text, not Facebook, actually *call* a friend. Don’t have enough time to catch-up? Call to say hi and to set a phone date for the near future.
- Make a cup of tea: What a pleasant little treat a cup of tea can be in the morning, in the evening, heck at any time! Stop to inhale the smell, really feel the warmth of the glass. Enjoy it.
- Read 20 pages: Got a book that’s been on your nightstand for far too long? Help clear your mind and commit to reading 20 pages. Want to keep reading, why not?
- Get sleep: Cut the Netflix binge short tonight and get to bed. Even just 20 minutes earlier than you’d normally hit the hay can help you feel refreshed in the AM.
Got more ideas on how to show yourself some self-care love today? Leave a comment below. And remember, don’t get overwhelmed. Trying out any one of these things today is progress, and we’re striving for #progressnotperfection.
PS If you’d like to up your self-care game, consider coaching! Contact me today for a free discovery session and find out how coaching can help.